Thursday, October 23, 2008

Go Cougs!!

On October 16th the BYU soccer and football teams came to Texas to play TCU. Nathan and I spent an incredibly fun day in Fort Worth with the Nelsons and the rest of the BYU family! We got to go to Rachel's soccer game, which is always fun for me. They won a close game 1-0 even though they played most of the second half a man down! Take that Horned Frogs!

Right after Rachel agreed to be a bridesmaid
in our wedding!
After lunch with the Nelsons, Nathan and I went to the Fort Worth zoo to kill a little time before the football game. If you haven't been to the Fort Worth zoo, I suggest you go pronto! It was so much fun! The lions and tigers both just had cubs, we got to see the penguins (my favorite) and, although I couldn't look, Nathan was mesmerized by the bald eagle tearing apart some sort of rodent. I know he was mesmerized because when I downloaded all of my pictures, there were about 6 of the bloody massacre. Yuck!
I was really excited to hear the lion roar! Nathan thinks
he was just coughing...
After fun at the zoo we went on to the football game. Boston University doesn't have a football team, so I haven't had many opportunities to take in a college football game. Even though BYU lost, it was soooo much fun! It's such an incredible atmosphere! Both teams have their traditional cheers, everyone is so into the game, and the cheerleaders (especially the BYU cheerleaders) have some pretty incredible tricks up their sleeves!! Overall, it was a truly fantastic and fun day!
Pregame Ritual

No comments: