Saturday, September 27, 2008

Run Forrest, Run!

Nathan was a runner in high school and, from what I hear, a darn good one! For me, running was my least favorite (yet very big) part of playing soccer. Despite this fact, Nathan has talked me into running 5Ks. We have run 3 so far and contrary to what I thought, they're actually fun! Of course I'm terrible, but it's still fun to try and beat your previous time! Nathan, of course, is incredible and makes it all seem so effortless. We have even recruited friends to run with us. Brennen ran the Addison Oktoberfest 5K with us and Kyle and Kelli ran the Mary Kay 5K. It's a nice and fun alternative to running on the boring old treadmill!

Too Hot To Handle 5K
July 19, 2008
Mary Kay 5K
September 6, 2008
(We had a group pic, but Kelli would kill me if I put it up!)
Addison Oktoberfest 5K
September 20, 2008
Nathan and Brennen after the Addison Oktoberfest 5K

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

Good for you guys!! The big question is where is Nathan's read/white/and blue headband for the Mark Kay run? Inquiring minds need to know.

Peter and Anne said...

Wow! I'm so impressed!! Didn't that new giant rock slow you down though?